Caring for your Photo Books
Your custom storybook album is made with the highest quality materials. Images are printed on archival paper and should be handled with care.
Follow these recommendations
- Keep your album out of direct sunlight. Even the best quality materials are subject to cracking or fading if exposed to direct, bright sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
- Avoid subjecting your album to extreme changes in climate including excessive dryness, humidity, or extreme heat or cold. All of these conditions can affect the state of your album in a negative way.
- When storing your album, do not cover your album with plastic. If there is humidity in the air, this moisture could become trapped, and mould may begin to grow.
- Dust your prints with a clean, soft rag occasionally to prevent dust buildup. Never use cleaning products or water as this may permanently damage the prints.
- Avoid touching the face of the print. Turn the pages by gently holding the edges. Your prints have been coated for protection but natural oils found on the hands can be difficult to remove.
- Never attempt to rub the surface of the image with your finger or fingernail as this could scratch the surface of the print.
- Genuine leather covers. To keep it soft, supple and preserve the matte-finish, wipe it down with a slightly damp cloth. This easy-to-do step will also pick up any loose dirt particles on the surface. Apply a small amount of leather conditioner once a year to keep the leather soft and protected.
- Leatherette covers. Wipe it down with a slightly damp cloth. This easy-to-do step will also pick up any loose dirt particles on the surface.
- Personalised printed covers. Our personalised covers are all laminated, it is safe to wipe it down with a slightly damp cloth.
- Wooden covers. Our Rustic wood covers are not treated after engraving. We suggest only that you use a soft brush and keep it dry at all times. To clean a bamboo cover, it is safe to wipe it down with a slightly damp cloth.